Monday 20 May 2013

Leaden Boot Challenge Review.

Well it is now the day after the LBC which I ran yesterday in glorious sunshine. The first thing I was aware of on arrival was how friendly everyone was. All the organsiers and other runners. This is primarily a walking event which sees the them going off at 9am. There is then an hour before the runners go. About 80 runners entered with a few having completed another offroad marathon the day before!

The start was a relaxed affair and then we were off. This is not a part of the Peak that I have run in very much and with the weather it was stunning and well worth a trip back. There were numerous marshals, the route was well marked and people at the check points were supportive and helpful. Each one had numerous juices, biscuits, sweets and home baked cakes! Fantastic. The overall winner by a country mile was the check point with the rocky road. I almost didn't leave. On arriving back into Alstonefield a cheering, clapping welcome was provided followed by a cooked dinner of Pie and Peas followed by as much cake as could be eaten. All home baked.

Fantastic. I have to say this was one of the best races I've ever done made by the community spirit, organisation and rocky road. The best £16 I've spent.. Hopefully all being well I'll be back next year however with how rough I felt afterwards and today, I've a lot to think about with regards doubling up on some weekends. We'll see how I feel after the next few races.

I managed a 7k plod this evening with the main limiter being my ability to breath in my diaphragm  How on earth did the other chaps complete 2 on the trot! Hopefully I'll be able to answer that soon!