Wednesday 27 November 2013

100 days to go!

Well 100 days to go until it all starts. Its difficult to stay focused through these repetitive dark nights or mornings and keep the consistency and miles ticking over. A grumbly knee has limited runs to under 10k for the last few weeks but it seems to be easing up now so hopefully that will be in the past from now on. One thing I've definitely noticed is how many different things it is possible to run through and, although potentially partly created via running, use running to help resolve. One day when I'm bored I'll sit down and jot down the list so far. Hopefully it won't grow into anything too major for next year.

There also has been a distinct lack of events to get my mind into, coinciding with the colder, wetter, dark runs and this doesn't help. It will be great to get to the solstice and then know that things are only going to brighten and warm up.

Next tester on the horizon is the Turkey Trot in about 10 days. Late on in the calendar it's always a tricky one to enter as it fills so quickly. It's a tough old half marathon with some killer hills on exposed roads through farming country. Add in the cold, a bit of slipperiness and the surprisingly sunny weather (that I always remember) and you have a great test event for form leading into 2014. I'm clearly not on my own in thinking this. Do I dare put down a predictive time? I also have to take into account that it is the start of that time of year again when chocolates, sweets and biscuits come into the clinic.... Oh god, I'm so weak. Only an idiot would turn up to the Turkey Trot 1/2 stone heavier. Lets hope it's only that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.