Sunday 1 June 2014

Weekend off this weekend.

After last weekends confidence knocker and with the dismal weather over this week, I have been looking for any excuse not to be running one this weekend.

I got up early on Saturday morning and got my breakfast ready, ate it and got changed to go out for a local marathon and luckily an excuse came along. A had started having niggles over night and had been up most of it. Well, I can't go out if things were moving on!  Get in!

Things then went quiet, dammit, maybe I will have to go out.. Ok so I need to man up and go tomorrow. Right I am going to go tomorrow.

Boys to bed and started planning a different route. A says things were starting to happen again... Ok so maybe we should go into Chesterfield just to be assessed...

4:30am Job done and the arrival of a beautiful baby girl means that I have the perfect excuse not to go out running this weekend! My wife did perfectly as usual with impeccable timing.

A nice week with the family to get things into perspective and help the new arrival settle in, then we will be back on it from Friday with 'The Ashfield Health Village Marathon'. Followed up by Little Eaton to Derby(including The Derby Half Marathon) on Sunday...

Hopefully some recovered legs and mojo back in place.

Bring it on.

I'm off to be a dad ! She's already got me wrapped round her little finger !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.