Sunday 6 July 2014

Marathon 21 of 40. 16 mile run from Hathersage to Chesterfield to take on the Brampton Spire 10 miler

 As is customary now for Marathon day, it was hot day, starting off a little cloudy then blazing sunshine then back to cloudy and I am getting used to finishing soaking with sweat and caked in salt. The planned run in changed yesterday as I couldn't come up with a clear off road route that I would know, so last minute I opted for heading all the way along the edges, turn left at Wellingtons Monument up the road past Bamsley Reservoir and head straight down into Barlow.
I had added a 5k loop on to make up the distance once I reached Upper Newbold so if things were not working out I could go straight to the start of the Bramptons Spire 10 mile and then make up the distance later. For pretty much the entire run in I thought it was looking a little tight on time due to leaving about 10 minutes later so did push quite hard to make up the time but then arrived with about 5 minutes to spare before the start of the race proper. More details to follow, but here are a few photos in the meantime. I'm off to bed to sleep off the stiffness before tomorrows Gala Senior Fell Race!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.