Wednesday 2 April 2014

Mid Week update..

Ouhff. This week I have still been struggling with energy and its been a challenge to get out running and focus on keeping going. Following last weekend I have had a lot of downs with realising how hard this is alongside family life and working full time. Wednesday meant an interval session and after the warm up jog and starting the first interval, I almost stopped and went home. It was just too hard. By the end of the interval I was broken recording my slowest ever time and finding it like running through water. Then I gave myself a good old fashion talking to: Time to man up, Come on, This is just a couple of intervals, This is what I've trained for.... The next interval helped by a slight downhill and a tail wind was slightly easier. Ok.. So I'll jog out the set, only another 6 * 720m to go. With each interval I felt stronger, running easier and going quicker, recording nearly my fastest interval ever on the last one! Since that session I have had a spring in my step and everything has felt effortless. Ok so my immune system has taken a beating, but this is not just a physical game. This reminded me that this challenge is 75% mental if not more. Now all I've got to do is remember or reread this post the next time negativity comes knocking at the door! There's only 35 more marathons to go and the weather is getting better (altho the weather forecast is shocking for this Sunday), lighter and warmer. Time to consign the headtorch to cupboard and the tights to the training drawer until the latter end of the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.